Monday 17 August 2009

Welcome to my world....

Hello,

I am a Catford resident, recently retired from the daily commute and spending more time at home. Why this blog? To make me write every day, to preserve my sanity. To make me walk every day to make me fit. I hope to write about what I see on my daily trips out and about. The area to be covered with be Catford, Lewisham, adjoining boroughs and the ocassional trip further afield.

I decided I hadn't spent enough time really getting to know Catford because I've worked up in town. It's not a place that receives much in the way of favourable press. It gets mocked on other blogs, and so I hope to change that. I hope it will be a source of useful information to others about what's going on locally, and will try to link it to other useful sites. I've never blogged before so it's a bit of an adventure. - let's just see how it goes.